Do Megaways™ games pay out more than regular slots? This article unpacks the famed game engine and discusses some of the queries you might have regarding this fascinating phenomena in the world of online gaming.
The Best Megaways™ Slots Based on Real Data!
Our spin-tracking tool contains a wealth of data on the best Megaways™ games out there. Below is a list of Megaways™ slots, listing some of the most popular Megaways™ slots ever released.
|Slot Name||Ways-to-win||Play at:|
|The Dog House Megaways™||117,649||Betinia|
|Divine Fortune Megaways™||117,649||Casino Euro|
|Rainbow Riches Megaways™||117,649||Dunder|
|Raging Rhino Megaways™||117,649||Energy Casino|
What is Megaways™ and Why Do You Need to Know About It?
Megaways™ slots are games that use the Megaways™ random reel modifier mechanic. This mechanic changes the number of symbols that appear on the reels on any given spin, offering far more ways to win than traditional online slots. The maximum number of possible ways to win varies according to the slot.
The mechanic was originally created by Big Time Gaming. After seeing how successful the mechanic was, the company began licensing Megaways™ to other companies, giving rise to countless Megaways™ games. Many suppliers of slots began adding the Megaways™ engine to their own IP, giving established games a new lease of life.
Megaways™ slots are different from regular slots in the following ways:
- The number of paylines varies significantly on each spin
Slots usually have a fixed number of paylines on the reels. You can see these paylines in the paytable.
Megaways™ slots have six reels, but the symbols on each of these reels varies on a per-spin basis – with a maximum of seven symbols per reel, and therefore a different number of paylines for each spin.
- Winning paylines consist exclusively of identical symbols on adjacent reels
On regular slots, wins occur when matching symbols follow paylines. Megaways™ slots deliver wins when matching symbols land on adjacent reels – the position on the reels is irrelevant.
- A little box above the reels shows players the number of ways to win for that particular spin
This adds an extra level of excitement and unpredictability to the game. Play Megaways™ slots for free or for real money to see them in action!
How Important Are Megaways™ for Players?
Players who play Megaways™ slots generally fit the following player profile:
- Prefer high volatility games with big payout potential
- Prefer games that are simple
- Like the unpredictability of the varying number of ways-to-win per spin
As mentioned previously, Megaways™ games are generally thought to be highly volatile with big win potential. Do you agree? Our spin-tracking tool is perfectly designed to investigate this. Download our tool and compare the performance of Megaways™ Slots with regular slots.
Slot Tracker Tracks 100s of Megaways™ Slots
Our spin-tracking tool gathers data on the best Megaways™ slots and countless other slots.
You can access the best Megaways™ slots, the best new Megaways™ slots, and the best Megaways™ casino sites, straight from our tool – either from the mobile app or from the desktop console.
How to Track Ways-to-Win Using Slot Tracker
The way it works is simple. Every time a player within our community spins on a slot, our tool gathers all data associated with that spin. This data is then fed back to the player in the form of statistics. Players can then view both sets of stats: either statistics on the individual’s spins only, or the aggregated statistics of our entire community.
Our statistics are based on the results of actual players’ spins. This is different from the statistics provided by game providers, which use thousands of simulated spins to arrive at stats. Stats available to you include the total number of spins that have been played on a slot, the maximum win that was achieved on the slot, the real Return to Play percentage, the hit rate, the volatility, and so much more.
The tool is absolutely free – you can download it now and start playing the best Megaways™ slots.
Are Megaways™ Slots Safe to Play?
Player safety is something we take very seriously. Megaways™ slots created by serious suppliers have undergone stringent testing to ensure randomness and fairness (as alluded to in the previous section). However, player safety does not stop there.
Player safety should be a priority of everyone involved in online gambling – including the player.
Please visit our responsible gaming page to learn more about how you can spot and stop problematic gambling behaviour.
Are Megaways™ Slots Fair?
As mentioned previously, Megaways™ slots, and indeed online slots in general, need to be extensively tested before they are deemed to be compliant.
The platform and games of suppliers of slots are tested and certified by independent accredited test facilities (ATF), including the RNG (Random Number Generator). This is done to ensure player protection, fairness, and security. Such tests are necessary to ensure the game is compliant in the regulated market in which the game operates.
Well-known ATFs include:
- eCOGRA – Live Casino testing and certification
- Gaming Laboratories International – Onsite security inspection
- iTech Labs – Platform and game testing and certification
- Technical Services Bureau – Platform and game testing and certification
Where to Play the Best Megaways™ Slots
If you were wondering where to play Megaways™ slots, we can suggest the following 5 Megaways™ casinos that have impressed us. For more information on the casinos, click on the link and read our review.
The Best Megaways™ Slots for Mobile
Megaways™ games created by top suppliers have been optimised to adapt to whatever device is being used. Here’s a list of Megaways™ slots that we feel perform particularly well on mobile.
- Gonzo’s Quest Megaways™ – A Red Tiger game. This high-performing game was created after NetEnt’s takeover of Red Tiger, which, at the time, had made a name for itself as a company with a proven track record of creating great Megaways™ games. Red Tiger blended the Megaways™ mechanic with one of NetEnt’s most successful games of all time: Gonzo’s Quest. The result was one of the most popular games ever – at time of writing, the game has 66,249 tracked spins.
- Survivor Megaways™ – Megaways™ was developed by slots supplier Big Time Gaming, but many other slots developers obtain a licence to use the mechanic. Survivor Megaways™, however, is created by Big Time Gaming itself. The game is based on the international television franchise, Survivor – one of the most popular reality TV shows ever made.
- Genie Jackpots Megaways™ – A wonderful, unique-looking game by Blueprint gaming that centres on a compelling genie character. The game is packed with features – both in the base game and in the bonus game! The base game offers the random Genie Power Spin feature that – when activated – introduces one of four modifiers. Then there’s the free spins rounds. Before the bonus rounds comes the Genie Make a Wish Feature. In this feature, you need to choose one of four lamps that will reveal a perk that will be fixed during the subsequent free spins rounds. The game offers a max win of 10,000x with 15,625 ways to win.
- Gorilla Gold Megaways™ – This unique, stunning game by Blueprint gaming is a four-slots-in-one game. Each of the four slots consists of 6 main reels which are up to 7 symbols high. There are up to 470,596 ways to win. This is a high volatility game with a max win of up to 20,000x.
- Montezuma Megaways™ – Light & Wonder (previously SG Digital) is a slots supplier who overhauled the slot Montezuma and gave it a Megaways™ makeover. The game offers 117,649 ways to win with cascading Megaways™ reels. The slot also offers great features like the Unlimited Win Multiplier that increases by +1 for each cascade. Max win is set at 12,500x.
Top Providers of Megaways™ Slots
There are many slots suppliers, but only a few really stand out. Those that do have a large number of established games in their repertoire that players love.
- Big Time Gaming – Big Time Gaming (known in the industry as BTG) is the company that created the Megaways™ mechanic. The first Megaways™ game was Dragon Born, but BTG’s most well-known Megaways™ game is Bonanza Megaways™. This slot is hugely important in the history of slots and probably one of the most influential slot games ever. From the horizontal reel of carts above the reels to the way symbols in winning combinations disappear, the game offers so many unique aspects that blend together seamlessly. It’s an all-round great game. Bonanza has 48,495 spins tracked.
- Red Tiger – Red Tiger has built up a reputation for creating great Megaways™ games – lots of them! The supplier seems to have the capacity to churn out Megaways™ slots at a prodigious rate. Dragon’s Luck Megaways™, 10,001 Nights Megaways™, Athens Megaways™, Piggy Riches Megaways™, and of course Gonzo’s Quest Megaways™. Check out Piggy Riches Megaways™ which has 163,004 spins tracked.
- Pragmatic Play – This behemoth of a supplier has released a number of popular Megaways™ titles such as Muertos Multiplier Megaways™, 5 Lions Megaways™, The Dog House Megaways™, Big Bass Bonanza Megaways™ and many, many more. Big Bass Bonanza Megaways™ was created to be particularly appealing to the regions of UK/Northern Europe – both in terms of the maths model as well as the fishing theme and visuals which players seem to really enjoy. The game has 31,951 spins tracked.
Start tracking Megaways™ Slots
The first Megaways™ game was released back in 2016, but Megaways™ slots show no sign of slowing down. The appetite for new Megaways™ slots is not even close to being satiated. Which is your favourite Megaways™ game?
Are Megaways™ slots safe and fair?
Megaways™ slots are licensed and certified by a number of relevant authorities to ensure the game is compliant in the regulated market in which it operates. The slots’ RNG is checked to ensure fairness, but players should keep in mind that these casino products should be enjoyed responsibly.
What are Megaways™ slots?
Megaways™ slots possess a game engine that shifts the size (number of symbols) of each reel on each spin, effectively producing a random number of symbols on each spin. This creates a random number of ways to win (hence the name Megaways™).
Ways-to-win are not to be confused with paylines. Paylines are lines along which symbols that form winning combinations will land on the reels. These lines can be horizontal, diagonal, vertical, and various other configurations. Ways-to-win in Megaways™ slots, on the other hand, require that similar symbols land on adjacent reels – irrespective of the position the symbol lands on.
On each spin, players are informed of the number of ways-to-win on that particular spin.
Do Megaways™ slots pay out large sums of money?
Megaways™ slots have a reputation of being more volatile than the average slot. They are usually created with a maths model that is highly volatile with a high max win, i.e. the game rarely pays out substantial amounts but has a tendency to deliver large payouts. Do you agree with this? Go ahead and look up your favourite Megaways™ slots on our spin-tracking tool to see whether this is accurate.