Hold and Win Slots
What are Hold and Win slots and why is there so much buzz about them? And, most importantly, are they worth a punt? This article will put you in the know about Hold and Win slots.
The Best Hold and Win Slots Based on Real Data!
Below is a list of great slots according to our user-generated data. This list will be updated weekly. Discover the best Hold and Win slots by hitting the links below:
|The Dog House Megaways||LeoVegas|
|Dead or Alive 2||Betsson|
|Fruit Party 2||Mr Green|
*Slot Tracker RTP (correct at time of writing)
What Is Hold and Win and Why Do You Need to Know About It?
This sub-genre of slots was popularised by Relax Gaming and is particularly associated with the Money Train series of slots which are hugely popular. Relax Gaming have replicated their Hold and Win mechanics with a number of slots, but, interestingly, have chosen to recycle and reuse some of the successful mechanics pioneered in Money Train, such as the Persistent Collector, and Persistent Payer symbols. Other suppliers have also begun releasing their own slots imbued with Hold and Win mechanics and features. So what exactly is the Hold and Win feature?
The Hold and Win feature – as the name implies – refers to slots that ‘hold’ certain special symbols, supposedly increasing your chances of winning.
There are different variations of Hold and Win slots, but the underlying concept is that special symbols land on the reels and trigger a bonus round (often with three re-spins). The symbols that triggered the bonus are sticky and remain on the reels and in-play.
As the bonus round plays out, more special symbols can land. These special symbols can remain on the reels, triggering more combinations and payout features, awarding more re-spins. Generally, each special symbol is associated with a particular function or feature that improves the player’s chances of landing a payout.
How Important Is the Hold and Win Feature for a Player?
The fact that a game has Hold and Win mechanics should not have a direct impact on whether the game is more or less profitable than one which doesn’t utilise Hold and Win mechanics.
That being said, Hold and Win mechanics are highly entertaining and popular with players – and is a rising trend in slots gaming. They also tend to be highly volatile. This means that players who usually enjoy Hold and Win slots are those who like high volatility, exciting games, with a high volume of bonus features with re-spins.
How Does the Hold and Win Feature Work?
As explained above, the concept of Hold and Win slots is the locking of specific symbols to trigger the bonus rounds, and the further landing of sticky symbols in the bonus levels to trigger wins or specific features. There are many iterations and variations of this type of mechanic.
Slot Tracker Tracks Hold and Win Features of Several Online Slots
Our tool tracks a large number of Hold and Win slots. The most exciting aspect of Hold and Win slots is the bonus rounds. With our tool, you will gain insights into how players have fared in the bonus rounds of Hold and Win slots:
- Total Bonuses: The number of Hold and Win bonus games triggered. Every time a player enters into bonus rounds, a single bonus game is registered irrespective of the number of bonus rounds that are awarded.
- Average Bonus Win: The average win (multiplier) in the bonus games.
- Bonus Hit Rate: The rate at which bonuses are triggered.
Download Slot Tracker Today
How to Track Hold and Win Features Using Slot Tracker
You can view statistics according to My Data and Community Data. My Data is based exclusively on the results of your own spins whereas Community Data is the aggregate of all players’ spins. To track your spins, all you need to do is:
- Download the tool
- Ensure that the extension is running in the background
- Play slots through the mobile app or on desktop. The tool will automatically track your spins.
Are Hold and Win Slots Safe to Play?
Online gambling products come with inherent risks, but if you are in control of your gaming activities and remember only to use these products for entertainment, there’s no reason why Hold and Win slots can’t be heaps of fun. We have prepared information on Responsible Gaming that we strongly encourage you to read in order to inform yourself on the signs of problematic gambling habits.
Are Hold and Win Slots Fair?
Hold and Win slots by major suppliers have had their RNG tested by independent accredited test facilities in order for them to become compliant. Here are a few of the accredited test facilities. Go ahead and click on the links to learn more about the organisations.
- eCOGRA – Live Casino testing and certification
- Gaming Laboratories International – Onsite security inspection
- iTech Labs – Platform and game testing and certification
- Technical Services Bureau – Platform and game testing and certification
Where to Play the Best Hold and Win Slots
Here are a few of the casinos where you can play the best Hold and Win slots.
H2: The Best Hold and Win Slots for Mobile
It is no secret that most players play slots on mobile. Below are a few games that perform exceptionally well on this device:
- Money Cart 2 – This is the second installment in Relax Gaming’s Money Train franchise. With a max win of 50,000x, the game has the capacity to deliver big payouts. Landing 3 or more scatters triggers the Money Cart Bonus Round aka the heist adventure!
The hold-and-win element comes into play when so-called persistent symbol characters (the Collector, the Payer, and the Sniper) land on the reels and remain there.
- Narcos Mexico – Red Tiger’s take on the Netflix hit series replicates an all out cartel war in the bonus game on a 10 x 10 reel setup. In the four corners of the reels are four cartel leaders. The symbols which appear in this round are win multipliers, phones, or planes. Landing these special symbols next to a leader activates them. When this happens, they are locked in place, and spins are reset back to 3. The function of the special symbols is as follows: phones double the value of all symbols within a territory and planes increase them by anything from 1x to 5x.
- Heart of Rio – This Pragmatic Play samba-themed game is centred on the Money Symbol. These symbols take on a random value on each spin. As is the case with many Hold and Win slots, symbols and features react together in interesting ways. If the Respin Collect feature is triggered, Money Symbols remain in place and the other cells re-spin. Other symbols, such as the Multiplier Collect modifier, will multiply the value of the Money Symbols. Other symbols which have different effects on the Money Symbols value can also land, creating an unpredictable and exciting experience.
- Chip Spin – Similarly to the Money Train series, Relax Gaming’s Chip Spin offers a bonus game where multi-coloured chips with different functions can lead to big wins. During this bonus game, 3 types of chips land and are locked into position.
As is typical of Hold and Win games, each of the symbols has a particular function that enhances the payout potential of the slot. Green chips award a coin value. Sniper doubles the value of between 1 and 3 symbols. Collector collects all values present on the reel.
- Tiger Kingdom Infinity Reels – This slot by Relax Gaming demonstrates how the Hold and Win concept can be iterated in highly entertaining ways. In this slot’s bonus game, whenever a symbol lands on the third reel, the grid shifts to the left. When this happens, symbols ‘fall’ off the reels (on the left side) and are subsequently collected. When these symbols are collected, their function is triggered.
As is typical of Hold and Win slots – particularly Relax Gaming’s Hold and Win slots – some of these symbols are ‘persistent’, meaning that their function (modifier) remains active for the duration of re-spins.
Top Providers of Hold and Win Slots
Here are a few of the top suppliers of Hold and Win slots:
- Relax Gaming – Leading developers of the Hold and Win mechanic. Money Train and Money Cart 2 are perhaps the earliest version of the Hold and Win feature, with later iterations further perfecting the mechanic.
- Pragmatic Play – This supplier churns out great slots at a prodigious rate. The company has a huge array of products and is always quick to spot emerging trends in gaming. The provider now has a few quality Hold and Win slots under its belt including Dragon Hot Hold and Spin, Rock Vegas, and Cash Elevator.
- No Limit City – In spite of the controversial titles released by this developer, the popularity of its slots is undeniable. In Serial, a popular slot by Nolimit City, winning symbols are held while the rest of the symbols spin again (respins). This can lead to further respins which can lead to more wins – particularly through Nolimit City’s inclusion of so-called Enhancer Cells that introduce slots features like wilds and multipliers to ‘enhance’ the likelihood of payouts.
Last Word on Hold and Win
Hold and Win features are an interesting variation of well-established slots features. We suspect that this sub-genre of slots will continue to grow and evolve as both players and suppliers explore this developing trend.
Are Hold and Win slots safe?
Hold and Win slots that have been developed by reputable suppliers are safe, as slots are highly regulated products that must be deemed compliant through stringent testing before they can operate in regulated markets. However, we encourage you to visit our Responsible Gambling page to learn more about how to play responsibly.
How can I win big on Hold and Win slots?
Slots are games that contain RNG (Random Number Generators) and are therefore designed to be random – this is what makes them so fun and unpredictable! Also, it must be understood that each and every slot has a different maths model and rules, and so they behave in different ways. However, to win big on Hold and Win slots, you generally need to trigger the bonus rounds – the way you do this varies on each game. Once in the bonus rounds, you need to land symbols that are sticky and persistent. These will remain on the reels during re-spins and hopefully trigger more spins and wins!
How do I know which slot pays out the most?
Suppliers release official statistics with each slot. These statistics have been established after thousands of simulated spins. Our own spin-tracking tool, on the other hand, creates stats based on data gathered from actual players’ spins. By accessing our tool, you’ll know exactly how much other players have won and lost on the world’s most popular slots.